Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall in Xela

Hello everyone! I miss you all and I miss the traditions that fall bring. Mostly Texas A&M football, especially since we're doing so well! Who knew...

This week was so great. I find myself saying at the beginning of every week, "If I can just get through this week, it'll be less busy next week." Lies--that has yet to happen. Each week brings new craziness and joys. I would not trade any of it though. I am daily reminded of how huge our God is and that He is my source of life, energy, and joy.

 This last Wednesday the school's student council put on an event called Silly Skit Night. This was a fundraiser for our Spiritual Emphasis Week that we will be having next semester. I had the honor of being the elementary school judge representative. We saw skits from first grade all the way up to the teachers. We had a great time with students, parents, and colleagues. It's so great to be in a school community where we can be silly and laugh together. Even where the teachers can put on skits dressed as a boy band or an 80s work out video and still have the respect of their students and their parents.

The judges. Ready to judge.

The sweet 1st graders doing their skit.

Second grade girls. Girls just wanna have fun!

The winners! The 9th graders. So painfully awkward--hilarious.

Girl teachers.

Boy teachers.

Women.
This week unfortunately ended with me being sick. Thank you Lord that it didn't seem to be anything food-related. It seemed to be just a yuck fever, flu-thing. Please pray for continued healing and that being sick will have taught me to REST. It was difficult missing the last day of the quarter and I feel very behind. Please also pray that I would prioritize well and realize that I am responsible for taking care of myself. Pray that I would put my need for perfectionism at the feet of Jesus and leave it there.

I woke up to an earthquake this morning! That was kinda crazy. Definitely not in Texas any more...

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. This week marks almost exactly halfway til Christmas. I can't believe how fast it's going. I am looking forward to spending the holidays with my family and eating some MEXICAN FOOD! Hugs :)

jess

No comments:

Post a Comment